December 18, 2020
It’s my first leg wax. How to prepare & what to expect.
So, you have your first leg wax appointment booked & on the calendar? Don’t be nervous! Getting your leg hair waxed is nothing to fear. It can even prevent ingrown hairs by gently exfoliating the skin and getting rid of dead skin cells. You can get silky, smooth legs in just a few minutes without having to go near a razor. Here are a few pointers on how to prepare for a leg wax and what to expect:
- Make sure your hair is at least a quarter inch long, or as long as a grain of rice, for easier removal. If your body hair is any shorter, it may be hard to remove with the wax.
- Do not do any aggressive exfoliation on your legs before the appointment, for example a body polish or scrub. Waxing is mildly exfoliating in itself, so you don’t want to overdo it.
- Be aware of any allergies you have, as many waxes contain honey or pine resin.
- Do expect some mild discomfort, as removing the wax strip can be painful.
- Try not to tan right before or after waxing, 24 hours would be best.
- It’s important to keep your skin moisturized post wax. Use lotion to reduce redness and irritation.
- The more frequently you wax your legs, the less your hair will grow back and the less often you must wax in the long run.
- Wear shorts to your wax appointment if you can. If it makes you uncomfortable to be undressed, feel free to wear shorts that can be pushed up if needed.
Waxing can be slightly intimidating if you don’t know what to expect, but these tips will make the process as painless as possible. Consider having a professional wax your legs the first time, so you can get used to the feeling. Take these helpful tips to heart & enjoy your next waxing experience.