So you have your first leg wax experience booked & on the calendar. Don’t be nervous! Here are a few pointers on how to prepare and what you can expect.
- Make sure your hair is at least as long as a grain of rice for easier removal.
- Do not do any aggressive exfoliation on your legs before the appointment, for example a body polish or scrub. Waxing is mildly exfoliating in itself, so you don’t want to overdo it.
- Be aware of any allergies you have, many waxes contain honey or pine resin.
- Do expect some mild discomfort.
- Try not to tan right before or after waxing, 24 hours would be best.
- Keep your skin moisturized after waxing.
- The more frequently you wax the less hair will grow back and the less often you have to wax in the long run.
- Wear shorts, if it makes you uncomfortable to be undressed feel free to wear shorts that can be pushed up if needed.
Waxing can be slightly intimidating if you don’t know what to expect but don’t worry! Take these helpful tips & enjoy your next waxing experience.