November 30, 2020
Is Cosmetology Just Hair?
Enjoy assisting family and friends with hair, makeup, and nails? Whether it’s for prom, a wedding, or a small family event, cosmetology school is your calling. It offers more than just hair – let’s explore the diverse opportunities this career path offers.
What is Cosmetology?
Cosmetology is the study of hair, skin and nails. Meaning cosmetology is the umbrella program of them all. Within the Cosmetology umbrella you will learn the basics of all three specialties.
In Cosmetology school you will learn how to shampoo & condition the hair and scalp, shape and design the hair, chemically altar the hair with color and texture services such as: perms and relaxers. You will provide facials, apply makeup and perform manicures and pedicures!!
What are the different career paths available to cosmetology graduates?
A Cosmetology License can open a world of opportunities. Some careers you can pursue after becoming a licensed cosmetologist are:
- Hairstylist – hairstylists cut, style, and color hair. They may also specialize in certain areas, such as hair extensions, hair loss, or wedding hair
- Salon owner – Salon owners run their own beauty salons
- Educator – Cosmetology educators teach cosmetology students the skills they need to become licensed cosmetologists
- Product representative – Cosmetology product representatives sell and promote beauty products to salons, spas, and other businesses
- Makeup artist – Makeup artists apply makeup to clients for special occasions, such as weddings, and photo shoots
- Beauty consultant – Beauty consultants provide advice to clients on beauty products and services.
To sum it up, with a cosmetology license, you can pursue a variety of rewarding and in-demand careers in the beauty industry. If any of these careers interest you, don’t hesitate to visit one of the LJIC campuses to start your dream job in Cosmetology! Our licensed cosmetology program will help you get the ball rolling on your dream career as a cosmetologist.