September 4, 2019
Most Common Hair & Beauty Superstitions & Myths
Friday the 13th… a day that some people laugh off, while others shy away in fear. In honor of the day, we have gathered a few of our favorite Health & Beauty Superstitions & Myths.
Our Selection of Top Superstitions & Myths
- Cutting your hair will make it grow faster
- Lose an eyelash? Place it on your finger, make a wish & blow. But remember… don’t tell anyone your wish or it won’t come true.
- Cutting your nails on a Friday or Saturday will bring you bad luck.
- If your eyebrows meet, you are destined for riches! I wonder if drawing them to touch counts? Hmmm….?
- Keeping a lock of hair from a baby’s first haircut will bring it good luck.
- When you get a haircut, you must burn the hair. Throwing it away brings bad luck.
- Beware… don’t pull that gray hair! Pull it & 3 more will grow in its place.
- And we’ve all heard of this one… break a mirror & you’ll get 7 years bad luck.
- Brushing your hair in the morning seems like a pretty simple task. I mean, what harm could come from that? Oh but wait, better hold on to it tightly! Drop your brush or you will experience disappointment in the near future.
- Tanning… Some believe it’s “a must” in order to look good? Hmmm, I wonder if your skin agrees?
- Apparently only the strongest & bravest of individuals can handle “the dreaded hear” of a strong massage. Are you strong enough?
- Are you currently experiencing one of those painful little red annoyances known as… PIMPLES? Well, they say if you find one on your chin, someone is crushing on you. Hmm… a secret admirer? At least there is one positive to those pesky little bumps!
How do you feel about today… Are you superstitious? Happy Friday the 13th! ?
Zero Superstitions at Our Iowa Esthetician School
In our esthetics program in Iowa, we debunk all superstitions and beauty myths, relying on the latest techniques that leave little room for guessing and superstition.